Friday, June 20, 2014

What's a Girl to Do?

The last several months have pushed me to the brink of how much I think I can withstand and back again. At the end of March I was "let go" from my job for an action I didn't commit. It has been one let down after another in trying to find a new job, a way to pay the inevitable bills that four years of college brought me. I have a degree in English Literature and two teaching certifications, and yet I have been completely unsuccessful in procuring a teaching job over the last four years. I have been brought to the end of wanting to try. How long can someone try at something and not succeed before they give up? Well apparently I haven't been able to get the point til now. Changing careers is not fun.

Before my untimely end at my last job, I had felt God leading me to leave that workplace even though I didn't have anything lined up. I had been trying for months to get a different job, to find a different career, to no avail. Even though I knew I needed to leave my job, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Every time I contemplated it, I would have a near panic attack at knowing how much I would have to trust the Lord to bring me something. I also couldn't handle thinking about leaving the kids I had put so much love and time into, or leaving a co-worker who hated working there just as much as me. I knew how much my leaving would negatively effect the kids and my co-worker. My friends say I am loyal to a fault...this is true. I would rather be miserable and loyal (especially when it comes to anything involving kids) than leaving people in a bind or possibly hurting them. This was my problem at the J. So God took me out.

What a ride it's been. There has been intense anger/bitterness/frustration at where I am at in life. I have days where I literally want to fist fight God, where I have told Him to come down and fight me, because there is so much going on inside and I don't know how to get it out. But I am also grateful. Grateful He saved me from myself in that job. Grateful He has never left my side or turned away from me in my moments of ugliness when my anger comes out towards Him. Grateful He is powerful enough to handle my intensity. Patiently He's let me try to figure out how to deal with my emotions. Every time I want to run away, He follows behind waiting for me to turn back around to get comfort from Him.

Trust is hard, but thankfully He'll never leave me nor forsake me.

The silver lining in all this, I have the time to sit outside in the sun and actually get a tan. Lol! For those who know me, understand my pale self has a very hard time getting color and then keeping it.So yay for finally getting a tan.


"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweet girl, Remember,God is never late - always right on time! He will reveal his plan for you when the time is right.
Faith is a walk, a process and is not easy. It will bring you to the end of your rope, scared and feeling frail. Give it to him in thanks and let go. Watch what he will reveal to you. Some times he is teaching us faith. It isn't just believing. Faith is an action word and it is a lot of work to come to real faith.
I will pray for you!

web design burnley said...

Don't worry, everything happens for a reason. Just pray and don't ever lose hope, God is planning something big for you. Keep praying!

Global Online Shopping for Cool Gadgets from China said...

Don't give up. Always pray and everything will flow smoothly.

Online Coaching and Training said...

Stay strong! Don't give up. Keep praying!

wowgold2u said...


The particular revise helped fixed the actual closing and that i felt it had been satisfactory.The problem with many individuals who complain concerning the Mass Impact ending is inadequate little character passes away at the end and would like to know if they makes it, because regardless of what choice you make they die. You know there are plenty of actual life characters dying each day in fight abroad. Right now there azines no reset to zero switch, there s absolutely no maybe I will once again install where My partner and i left off making a diverse selection.
wow gold eu

Shilpa said...

God bless !
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/

Unknown said...

wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
cotton twill fabric