Thursday, October 28, 2010

What is Better?

So I love talking about the end times. It gets me all excited to know what God is going to do and how He is going to provide, and righteously angry when I hear people say they don't believe we'll be here during the tribulation. For a while I've gone back and forth about whether to post about this frustration, and I've decided I need to say something.

The Bible clearly says we will be raptured after the 7th trumpet. The trumpets come after the seals, and the first seal won't be opened til the Antichrist says he or she is god (Rev 5). There are promises given to the followers of Christ about the provision He will have for His children. Revelations is a book that tells us exactly what is going to happen and it even gives time spans once the Tribulation starts. The only thing we don't know is when the Antichrist will make him/herself known. But once s/he does, we know the exact timeline of what will happen BECAUSE REVELATIONS TELLS US!

Regardless of whether you think I am correct in my thinking or not, is not the point. I don't care if you think I'm wrong. What I do care about is people's attitudes about when they think we will be raptured. The world has seemed to forgotten that Jesus is coming back and we need to be prepared for that. I think it is a dangerous thing to expect to not live through Tribulation, and so you don't study or prepare yourself. IS IT NOT BETTER TO EXPECT WE WILL BE HERE FOR THE TRIBULATION AND TO PREPARE FOR IT, THEN IF JESUS COMES BEFORE YOU ARE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED, THAN TO NOT PREPARE AT ALL AND REALIZE TOO LATE THAT YOU'RE IN IT AND BE DISAPPOINTED WITH GOD BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TAKE YOU AHEAD OF TIME?! The Bible says many will turn away from Him during the Tribulation because of bitterness and anger about what God is doing, and to be honest I think a lot of those people that turn away will be the ones who expected to be raptured before the Tribulation and are angry that they're here.

Whether we leave before the Tribulation or not, I call out to all who follow Christ to be prepared for the Tribulation. If you expect to be here then, there won't be any disappointment and you'll know what's going to happen and when. Grow in your relationship with God; be secure in Him and study His word. We are heading toward the end. The temple that will be destroyed by the Antichrist is in the workings to be built. It may not happen for 50 years, but it's coming. Once that temple is built, it's only a matter of time.
BE PREPARED!!!!

No comments: